Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spicer locking hubs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., Nov 16, 2002.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

What's the deal with Spicer Locking hubs which came as original equipment in Dana 60s? I hear they are different and that you can't swap in newer style hubs. Have I heard wrong? Is there some sort of adaptor you can use?

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Anyone??

3. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

No that is not true. Warns or any other aftermarket mfg hubs will bolt in there. Maybe the person was talking about the old external mount hubs that were used on Dodge Dana 60's until 1990.

Are you getting rid of the old Spicers? I'll give you shipping for them if you just are getting rid of them

4. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

No, don't have any to get rid of. I've seen several posts (somewhere) regarding the Spicer hubs and then saw an E-Bay aution for a D60 refering to the Spicers as if they were non-desirable.

So, all D 60s for GM have the same hubs which will receive any of the aftermarket locking (or auto) hubs? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Eric M.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

All GM D60's will accept the same locking hubs (Spicer or aftermarket). There are at least 2 versions of the bearing hubs but it does not effect the locking hub itself.