Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spider gear switch

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BlueBlazer, May 13, 2001.

1. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Im wanting to get a 12 bolt rear for my truck and I want to take the lock right i have in my 10 bolt rear and move it to the front til I get the new axle. I need to know if the lock right will move right to the front with no problems and also can I move my front spider gears to the rear and have everything work ok. I know that the front doesnt have c-clips and the rear does so im worried it wont work. It will be a month or two til I can get a 12 bolt, so I would like to save the wear on the lock right and I was going to move it up front anyway. I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

It'll work.
    I believe the difference in the front and rear Lock Rights is that the fronts don't have the teeth cut out to accept the c-clips.
    Stick it in there.

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

3. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Will the spider gears swap without a problem. Id use the old ones but they were grenaded from a full throttle powershift (dont ask). Thanks again for any help.

'82 K5 6.2 Diesel, sm 465 np 205, 35" muds

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Full throttle powershift!?!? What in the world were you doing? Showing off?

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://SK-15.coloradok5.com>http://SK-15.coloradok5.com</A>
    Roads? Where we're going, we don't need any roads!