Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spindel Specs. ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Executioner, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    Anyone have any Spindel Specs. What would really help me is Dana(Spicer) part no's .
    Say from 73-83 1/2 ton GM's if you have any from J**P, F**d, D**GE,International..........ect, please post also.
    Thanks alot

2. CV202

CV202 1/2 ton status

Are you just looking for part numbers? One of my spindles is out on the bench right now while I battle the balljoint. Shouldn't be to tough to measure it out.

Why do people keep calling it a Bronco!!!!! [​IMG]

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have an extra spindle off a 1/2 ton D44 (from a Chevy) so can tell you just about anything you need to know on it. I will see if I can find a part number on it tomarrow.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>
    <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by CaptCrunch on 06/07/01 10:52 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

4. Executioner

Mainly want Dana(Spicer) part no's, but if you have the time any specs. will also help.
    Someone posted a pic, a little while back, that may also help.
    Thanks alot

5. Executioner

Thanks, but do not try to hard, Dana(Spicer) may have not put the part no. on the part, or if its old
    might be very hard to read.
    Thanks alot

6. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Just bought these last week for my '73 3/4-Ton Suburban. Don't know if they will be the same for the 1/2-Ton D44, but the Dana/Spicer part number is 706529X. They were $140 each.

I have a pretty good driveline shop near me in Ventura. They are closed for the evening, but if you need the 1/2-ton part number, I can give them a call on Monday. Just let me know.

502Burban

7. CaptCrunch

exactly what are you looking for??? a part number? Well they are the same as the 10B 1/2ton spindles and they are interchageable. If you want a pic of a part or something it isn't a problem cause it is sitting in the garage and I have a digital camera... just let me know

-Mikey
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

8. Executioner

Thanks, that will help alot. If/when you get time please ask for the 1/2 ton #.
    TIA

9. Executioner

Yes if you have a part number that would help !
    Are you sure about the interchageablity ? If so please provide some verifiable source Thanks.

10. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Just got off the phone with my driveline guy out here in Ventura. He says that you probably need the Dana part number 706570X for your 1/2-ton. Good news for you: they are less than half the price of my 3/4-ton pieces. Only $120 for the pair!

However, to be sure, he says that he needs the Bill Of Materials number off your front axle. That's how he got mine right the first time. You can find it on the driver's side of your front axle tube, facing forward. It should be in a format similar to mine, which was 603375 9.

He said that he would be happy to help you out if you want to call him. He has 2 of the spindels you probably need, in stock. His contact info is:

Mark
    Coast Machine & Driveline
    (805) 656-0285

Let him know that Robb Johnson, with the 3/4-ton Suburban, sent you and he should remember our previous discussions.

Best of luck,

502Burban

11. Executioner

Thanks, will do........

12. 502Burban

502Burban 1/2 ton status

Glad to help.

502Burban

13. CaptCrunch

Backing plates out on the newer version D44's (75 and up I think...) are all the same. My D44 is from a 76 and I ended up using one off my d44 and one off my 10B because one of the d44's spindles had the threads all stripped. No problems at all!

-Mikey