Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spinoff: Florida Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FL84K5, Jun 17, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

OK, who all here besides me ans pureinsanity lives in Florida. What city are you in and where do you do most of your wheeling? I'm in Brooksville, just north of Tampa and wheel at the Richloam Wildlife Area (I think thats the offical name)

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

HEHE! MEMEMEME! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif LOL! Actually Richloam is "officially" named Withlacoochie wildlife management area, or something along that line.

BTW I have just about every Fla member that I have come across since I have been here in my address book, or whatever its called on here. Its a long list. But most of them hardly ever come around anymore. Do a search for Florida...Fla...and Fl. in the Blazin trails forum. Youll find quite a few.

There is one other guy from DC, 2 from NPR area, that are anywhere near us, that I know of.

3. flcpl4fn

flcpl4fn 1/2 ton status

I'm in Jacksonville, and I ride where ever I can find to ride, without getting into trouble. Don

4. mrspureinsanity

mrspureinsanity 1/2 ton status

I see you didn't bother to mention me. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

5. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Orlando Florida here...Usually wheel (or watch, until my ride gets done) at the 33 mudhole, powerlines (international drive or Sea World) depending on who you ask and Ocala National Forest...Used to live and wheel in Inverness FL. 7 Lakes, Moccosin slough, and the game reserve. Been trying to get PI to take a ride over for some deep goo fun at the powerlines, or a trail ride in the ONF, but I have to wait until I get my rig functional...soon, but not soon enough haha. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

6. Pure Insanity

Sorry Dear. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Puresanity is obviously my wife. She is what keeps me from getting in trouble. Otherwise PI would be non streetable by now. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Pure Insanity

Hey Don! If dad gets the lease in Ga hes talking about to hunt Ill be thru Jax quite a bit come hunting season. maybe Ill have to long distance test PI and try out some Jax mud. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. Pure Insanity

33 mudhole is pretty close to Lakeland isnt it? Id like to make a trip to ONF later this summer. I fully plan to be at Sea World for Labor day. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Ill be coming over thata way once I get the new axles in. Actually I hopeto get w/ it serious once they are in. Too afraid of popping a 10 bolt. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif So I am taking it easy on PI till I get it redone soon.

9. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

In Pensacola here, as far West you can get in the state. Mostly local wheeling. The only wheeling I am doing now is on the boat ramp!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. little79k5

little79k5 1/2 ton status

hey! im in panama city. and i dont wheel yet cause my trucks apart. but theres nothing good around here. Rob, when i get it together in a couple months we should get together sometime for some wheeling

keith

11. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

33 mudhole is pretty close to Lakeland. Just run over to Polk City and shoot straight up 33. If you miss it on a sunday then you're asleep at the wheel, /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif hehe.
    Maybe we will be operational close to the same time and can meet up. I should be on the road in a week or two, with the stock 44/12's. ONF later in the summer would be fun, maybe wait for it to cool down a little, My air is non functional at the moment.

12. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Are there any 4x4 clubs in the Tampa area that are into trail riding and not just mud? My offroad buddy is selling his truck, so Im running out of people to trail ride with.

13. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Not really in Tampa, but there is now a club local (sorta). It's called you, me and PI. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Pure Insanity

Actually there is a club in Clearwater I think called Suncoast Flat Landers . There is also Sunshine Swampers. They are a DC based club that has been around since 89 I think. I thought they were dead but I seen a Dodge w/ Sunshine Swampers across the windshield this morn in San Ann. I know most, if not all of the founding members ( I could have been one but didnt bother for some reason ) and I know some people that are still in the Swampers. They own land in Ridge Manor. (or at least they used to) I havent been out there in prob 10 yrs or better. They are more boggers last I knew of. But I think they started getting more into trails in the last few yrs.

15. Pure Insanity

16. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I'm itching to go trailriding. I cut my back fenders today, cutting the front this week, then I have a good excuse to go explore some trails in Croom and Richloam /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

17. PerdidoK5

PerdidoK5 1/2 ton status

I'm in Pensacola too. I just got my rig a couple of months ago /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . I have a lot to do and a lot to learn /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif .

18. Pure Insanity

So am I! I need to get moving and get this stuff done. Im starting to get the Turbo Supra itch again. /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif I need to head that off at the pass. LOL!

PICS???

19. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I won't be able to get the front fenders trimmed until next week. I was going to work on them today after work, but got rained out. The truck is going in the shop tomorrow to get the 350. Woohoo!!!!! Sunday I'm leaving for North Carolina so I won't be able to work on it until the first week of July. I won't be able to get pics up until a week after that! I dont have a digital camera yet, so I get to wait for the film to get developed. I'll get them up as soon as possible. Then its off to explore some trails in Richloam. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

20. Pure Insanity

I have a dig cam anytime you do something you want to get up fast. What shop is doing the motor for you? What time Sunday are you leaving.....I may hide in the back! LOL!