Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spitting and sputtering? fuel injection question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Feb 11, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok i have my 87 chevy for sale and today i had a guy call me wanting to look at it, so i go start it for him, he looks it over, runs good at idle, we start to drive it and it wont run right, i have had it for about 5 months now never had anything wrong with it, now all of a sudden it starts to cut out, it sit one place dring all the snow we had here in missouri which has been before christmas, so here is my question, could i have got water in the gas tank? not warmed up? something went bad? how can i trouble shoot this prob, and what could it be? its an 87 chevy 350 tbi 73,000 miles on it, with that 700r4 and a 208 t-case, i also noticed that when we tested the 4 wheel drive it jumped in to neutral on me in 4 high, im guesing the t-case isnt any good, anyone have an extra 700r4 laying around,
    also to add to my aray of questions, would it be a good idea to junk the tbi and put a carb and intake on this thing? whats the opinions on the 400 with a 205 to replace the combo i have now? all suggestions and help would be appreciated? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. ds350

ds350 1/2 ton status

First place to start for the poor running condition is fuel filter.

If you are selling it, there is no need to convert it to a carb. You just need to start trouble-shooting the fuel, spark, etc.

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Had a bad set of wires do me the same way...ran fine at idle, but didn't like a load...fairly new wires, too...'specially if ya got headers...