Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Splash guards

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 13, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

does anyone have any ideas on how to keep mud and water out of my engine compartment?? everytime, or some of the time, i go mudding, water and/or mud gets up under the hood. i know this isn't good, but if someone could give me ideas what to do, i would be much pleased. thanks :)

alex

"What me get stuck? NEVER!!"(Famous last words)

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If you have a gap in your fender well that allows you to see the engine then you can go to your local HWare store
    and buy some thick rubber gasket material and custome make a shield. I did this and it works great!! I used a rivit gun to mount it to the sheet metal.
    Mud use to get on top of my air cleaner and everwere else now it stays ALLOT cleaner.
    Hope this helps
    Burt4x4

Rock ON!

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

The Chevy line of trucks in the 70's originally had a flap that goes between the inner fender and the frame rail. If you go to the junkyard you can probably find a pickup or Blazer with a set still on it.

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush