Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

splitting a 203

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Dec 23, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

when you split a 203 the front part of case that adapter bolts to come off and the main output shaft pulls through rest of 203 case and stays with the front part of case right ?

have to remove output yoke in oder to split as far as i know, right ?

thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Are you doing a doubler?
    If you pull it appart the way you describe you going to play 122 pick up of the roller bearings for the top chain gear. To avoing that you need to pull the tail cone off. Drive the roll pin out of the shift fork. Put a radiator clamp on the sheft to preven the top gear from sliding off. Remove front yoke and bearing retainer. Remove the rear plate for the front output. Now you can pull the front output shaft and gear out through the back.
    Take the bolts out that hold the halves together. To get the housiong off you need to lift up on the chaint to get it off the top gear. You will get the idea when you pull that front output out.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

no im not doing a doubler but the person that this case is going to is doing a doubler, do the bearings need to be saved for use when building doubler ? or can i just let them fall out ?

also how do you get the second shifter arm off the sjift shaft ? a nut holds the first one one, but how does the second one come off ?

thanks

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Nope don't need them for the doubler. Should be able to pull the bolts on the case halves and pry it apart. Don't even need to take the yoke loose. Look in the tech section for the Mile Marker review I did. There are pictures of what's in there.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I do believe there are 15 large needle bearings that are needed.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

where are the 15 needles ?

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

going to garage to get punches for pin, and also sockets for front and rear yoke nuts, going to disassemble me a 203 case today yay

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

damn no joking about the 122 needle bearing picup haha half the b earings fell in chain case with chain and other half fell off the shaft and onto ground haha

and yeah you have to punch out the roll pin on fork shaft or you cant take range box off the chain case! haha

all done, case is totally all separated in pieces, thanks! looks real nice and good and clean inside of it,

i assume that 203 are the easiest to disassemble yet are the most complicated,. right ?

another good 203 bites the dust!