Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Anyone know where I can get a spoiler or wing what ever you call it for the rear. I been looking but haven't found anything I like. Is it easy to install? I'm trying to get rid of some of the crap that builds up on the window and tail gate and some one said that this would help. Also, I run dual pipes out the rear, by putting on a spoiler, will it help the fumes stay out of the cab?
    thanks,
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Try jcwhitney.com . Yes, they do help keep the fumes out, and the window cleaner.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i haven't seen anything in jc whitney that grabs me yet, i think i may just head to the junkyard and try to find a wrecked unit with something i like. any wing will work, just mount it so the airflow comes under the wing and down the window.
    good luck.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

3. Peter J

Peter J Registered Member

I just bought a stock unit from GM dealer, surprised I could still get it! List $91.91, paid $82.50. Real well made, came with all mount hardware, too.

PJ

4. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

5. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

For those of you who did get them, are they aluminum and/or paintable? I'd like to fix the dirty window/gate problem as well but I think those wings are just plain ugly. Was thinking a wing from a car (Lamborghini? just kidding...) might look nicer if it was a little less wide than the window. Any other slightly more attractive ways to get around this? They just remind me of old station wagons...

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado (a.k.a. ThunderDog)