Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spontaneous rear window break

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84mudmachine, Apr 1, 2006.

1. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

My wife has a 2003 Chrylser Town & Country minivan. Tonight she came into the house after being out shopping, after a few minutes she went back out to the garage and found the rear window shatered. This is the second time this has happened, the first time was the day after we bought the van last February, we woke up with a busted rear window. Has this happen to anyone else?

2. Janitorjim8

Janitorjim8 1/2 ton status

I've had someone shoot out my drivers side window with a BB gun.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

possible body was tweeked on car hauler and not lining up correctly. i would ask them to pop it on a frame machine and check it and show you for sure its correct or you want a new van.

heard and seen lots of trucks get bent frames on the car haulers if the guy dont know how to hook them to it correctly.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

My wife's '86 Blazer did the same thing.

5. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

i have seen this happen to a honda s2000 they reccomend when being hauled it should have wheel straps only and i saw one come in that hooked to the frame and strapped and it bent the car down the middle long ways

6. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

This happened to my inlaws 92 Bronco but was attributed to one of the torsion springs inside the rear tailgate failing while the window was down. The torsion spring snapped and slapped a piece of metal into the window. Scared the poo outta us when it happened.

7. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

You might have the rear window defroster checked out if it's got one. I've seen a couple rear windows break because the defroster didn't kick off. Kinda out in left field though.

8. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

Yep, I've seen the rear defroster do the same thing on a Volvo years ago when I worked for the dealer. Why? I don't know:dunno:

9. 84mudmachine

84mudmachine 1/2 ton status

I thank you all for the info, I will check out these things. I guy also told me to check for a rough stop on the metal frame to see if their is a burr on it that may be vibrating on the glass.