Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spool for 14 bolt FF

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, Apr 19, 2000.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Just swapped in a 14 bolt ff.I had a spooled 12 bolt in before and loved it.Drove it on the street for about 5 months never had a problem.Was wondering if anybody knows if they make a full spool or mini spool for the 14 bolt.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I would get a Detroit locker for the 14 bolt. If you really want a spool, start contacting local machine shops and see if they could make one. It won't be cheap, but as far as I know it's the only way to get a spool for a 14 bolt.</font color=blue>

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

Hey BigD where did you get the spool for the 12 bolt or was it a mini spool? I would like one but have not found a truck 12 bolt spool or are they the same a car 12 bolt. I have not looked real hard. Thanks for the info.

Donovan

4. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Got it from west coast differential.Full spool was $160 and mini spool was $80 i think.Not sure but i do beleive it's the same as the passenger car.I had the mini spool.Never had a problem.I ran swampers though and they say that mud type tires do a little better with spool.Believe a magazine did a small story on this subject.I did have moser axles and double wide bearings.If your looking to upgraade axles there were a very nice set.I got the axles and bearings for $325.The people at west coast seemed to be very noligible and freindly i'd give them a call and ask.www.differentials.com