Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sport for the stomp

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BooShaK5, Dec 28, 2000.

1. BooShaK5

BooShaK5 Registered Member

Hey everyone,
    First of all I wanna express my gratitude for all the helpful persons who read and respond to these posts. I want to find out if there is a set of things k5 owners can do to make their k5's a little more sporty, without annihilating the potential for stomp. I won't be doing serious off-roading for the next few years, so I want to know how I can make my 1988 full-size Jimmy handle the road, turns, etc. better at least for now, until it becomes my offroad vehicle later in life. The only advice I've been given so far is to replace my shocks, any suggestions about shocks to get? (perhaps rancho 9000's?) My truck has no lift and 32" tires.
    Thanks to all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    From Dave.

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Probably more street oriented tires would go a long way. youll have to find some in a size that will fit and look good on a k5 though, but thats what I would do.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Get the 9000s and crank them up to 4 or 5. It'll ride like sh!t but it will corner nicely. Also get some thick swaybars front and rear. It will never keep up with a car but it will help.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I would go with bigger stabilzers, lower profile tires that are wider and for shocks the new Edelbrock IAS, those things work wonders!