Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sports Illustrated is run by morons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Jan 28, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

So my friend signs me up for a free mini trial subscription for 4 issues. I was totally fine with it. He was supposed to get 4 free himself tacked onto his normal subscription for each person he referred or something basically close to that idea. Anyhow so I get the 4 free issues and am less then thrilled by it. I don't want to subscribe so this should be the end of the story right? No...

They send me cards and letters saying hurry pay now to get your free gift, your subscription needs to be paid for blah blah blah... I was like what subscription? It was a trial. I sent back a post card saying no thanks. End of story right? No...

Here it is a few months later and I have sent into then 4 different letters saying I don't want their crappy magazine. What do they do? Insist I owe them for a subscription, mind you I never got beyond the 4 free trial issues, and turn a collection agency on me. Now I am being harassed by these idiots. I am being called by them making threats to ruin my credit and to make me sorry.

Anyhow if someone offers you this deal say no way... and if SI calls think long and hard if you want to deal with people who are truly this stupid...