Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spot Stitch Timers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Jun 13, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I am looking at a Lincoln 170T so I can actually take my welder places (my others are 3 phase) There is an option for a spot stitch timer for thin materials. I asked the guy at the welding shop about the price on one and her responded "you dont need one of them things!" Anyone got one? Does it work? I have no problems doing spots by hand but this seems like a more conscise way of doing them

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

The welder Ive got came with one.Never have used it .I think if you did alot of stiching or spot welds it would be cool.If you do alot of spot welds and stich welds, most companys Ive seen recomend the timers for the purpose of extending the life of the contacts in the welder.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</A>

3. Sparky87k5

Sparky87k5 1/2 ton status

I have one on my Miller 200 and use it for welding sheet metal with great results. Takes a little to get used to and get it set right, but once dialed in, welds nicely.

87 K5, D60 & 14FF, 5 sp & NP208 & 383 stroker. Build it Bulletproof and take it fishing!

4. WOODYJ

WOODYJ 1/2 ton status

I have an old Lincoln. Boy what a welder!! It has spot and stitch. They are great tools once you get on to how to use them. It takes the guess work out of the metal warp game. As far as the little ones, I haven't used them. Mine is a Lincoln 250. It works great!!

k5woody I Don't Understand The Jeep Thing Either!!!