Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spots to examine on '72 K20 - thinking of buying!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Mar 19, 2002.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Spots to examine on \'72 K20 - thinking of buying!

Hey guys,

My brother is going to look at a 1972 3/4 ton 4x4 tonight for a possible tow vehicle/second vehicle. Any important spots to look over like on our Blazers (frame at steering box, etc)? It appears to be a real creampuff, was totally restored by the previous owner - has 454, TH400, 14 bff rear, HD D44 front, 35s, redone interior, etc,etc...says he has all receipts totalling over 30k!

Just wondering if there were any obvious spots to concentrate on for this era truck? I hope it is nice, it
    would be a sweet tow rig/cruiser/trail truck!

Thanks

2. roostr3269

roostr3269 1/2 ton status

Re: Spots to examine on \'72 K20 - thinking of buying!

I know with the Blazers, the windshield frame is a touchy area, not sure about the trucks.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Sence it is a 72 then the front should have disk brakes already. To verify if it is a 72 the rearview mirror should mount to the windshield. All the earlier models,71 and older the mirror mounts to the widshield frame itself.
    Rocker panel rust is the biggest thing. I recomend if posiable pull back the carpet at the front of the floor,were your feet go, and look for rotting/rusting. Sounds like it has had some TLC so should be SWEET!!!
    Best of luck

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Thanks Steve, I hope it is a good one, would be a sweet addition to "the family"! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif My older brother is the one with all the money, so I just find ways for him to spend it! he,he /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I will be pouring over this truck, and hopefully it will be as good as the guy says...

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yes that would be cool! My father-inlaw has one and it is a sweet rig!!! Make sure it really does have a 14bolt rear cuz my fatherinlaw's 72 has the old Eaton rerend (diff cover is round like a ball) and thoes rearends are hard to find parts for especially Ring & Pinion sets!
    Best of luck to you both!!

6. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I would check everywhere Chevy Duty, brothers, and those guys offer patch panels. Cab corners, front lower portions of the bed, etc. Might check the message board 67-72 trucks board, too. for advice. Good luck
    JB

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/