Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spray liner what about tranny tunnel?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LKJR, May 15, 2004.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

for everyone that has used the spray in liner how did you deal with the tranny / tcase tunnel cover? I guess the second gen's have these too? at least the first gens do....
    did everyone just spray over it or did you do something to make it still removeable?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Mine is sprayed over. You could wrap the bolts if you wanted prior to spraying, then you'd have to cut thru around the edges of the hump to remove.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

You could just take it off and spray it separately...

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

take it off and blast it and coat both sides... put junk bolts into any threaded areas of the body/flooor.. seat belts/seat etc etc etc letting them stick up at least an inch... then you can get a wrench on them for removal and have all the bolt holes clean and accessible for future use.... if you dont do this detail work and ever need to remove a bolt in the future you have to cut the lining up for the bolt access and then recoat... which is a PITA and costly....
    I did the careful bolt prep on my v3500 and it is nice to be able to get to all the factory bolts but still have a clean coated bed, You cant do enough prep work... whenever I see a coated body its the first thing I look at.... if you never wrenched on your truck, used it and traded it in every couple of years for a new one I guess you wouldnt care.... but ck5 people seem to "tinker" every once and a while,,,,
    cam