Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spray on bed liner

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by spincast375, Sep 3, 2004.

1. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Rhino advertises these big time. I haven't priced them. Line-x is here in TN and wants $ 750. But they won't guarantee their product on my 76 Blazer. My carpet is in poor shape and I am looking for a long-term , all-weather, durable solution. Has anyone tried these? Any better ideas? Rust is a problem.

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Not on a blazer, but on the dodge dokatas we have at work, they have Line-x in the bed. Its good stuff. Nothing moves around in the bed. It can, if you throw something really heavy in there really hard, like a full tool box on its corner, chip up the liner though. But, all you have to do is take it back and they should fix it free of charge. In my personal truck (02 silverado), I have Rhino Lining. I couldn't be happier with it. I have had absolultely zero problems out it. It has the same no slide quality of Line-X. I've noticed that the Line-X seems to be harder than the Rhino. Don't know why though. They are both great when it comes to spilling stuff on them, like gas or battery acid. Didn't affect either one. I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but I hope it helps.

Kris

3. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

My uncle sprays Ultimate Linings and Arma coatings. They're great on the inside of trucks but it gets hot! My friend has it on his jeep and you dont need the heat on much in the winter. If you have rust now, you have to fix it, they will prolly charge you less if you take out the seats and what not. Most of the cost is in prep work, you could try to see if they would charge less if you prep if youself.

Later

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh the line-x is harder, my dad has the rhino liner in his truck, but it has a nasty habit of turning whatever touches it black. Like if you are on ur knees in the back of it or sitting on the tailgate, ur jeans are black. I dont know if the line-x does this or not. When i get my truck painted i going to do a spray in, Ill probably go with line-x cause it also seems to be a little less textured, it aint as sharp as the rhino is.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I hear it's hot as hell, but other than that it's a great idea.

Here is a cheaper alternative

Looky

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]
    Here is a pic of my interior the day I had it done, and 3 yrs later it looks the same. Some of the other products all of the other products named are not available in this area, and might be better, but I a very happy with the Rhino Lining.

7. cootersk5

cootersk5 Registered Member

we did my buddies jeep and im going to do my 85 blazer. Walmart has some that your suppose to roll on but if you go on ebay there is a gun you can get to spray it on for usually 20 bucks and it looks nice it took one can to do his whole truck but we use two to make it thicker. total cost $100.00 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. ahx

ahx Registered Member

most auto parts stores and kmart walkmart etc have herculiner. I used this on my 88 k5's floor front to back. It took about 1 gallon. I put carpets over mine so you may need more to get a nice heavy coat. It's cheap and works nicely.