Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spray paint in bulk

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by adamforsythe, Jun 21, 2005.

1. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

When I do the engine swap on my '86 Blazer I want to paint the engine compartment black. Is there a place where I could buy spray paint in bulk?
    Thanks
    Adam

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

shouldn't need to unless you just wanna have a ton of the stuf i'd say three can would be plenty...... if however you do want ton's of it you'd probably have to buy a case could be 10-20 cans i dunno but you'd need togot to like sams or somewhere like that that sells stuff closer to wholesale. :grin:

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

a box of spraypaint is 12 cans, im not sure of a place that would give a bulk discount... you should need more than a few cans though

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

parts stores

We used to sell it by the case if requested at the auto parts / body supply places I worked at...but it would probably be cheaper at a Wal-Mart or other big box store..we gave a 10% discount on anything bought by the case,but the parts stores cant buy or resell it as cheap as the bigger stores...personally,I'd buy a quart of gloss black Rustoleum or similar enamel and a cheap spray gun- :whistle:..one "bargain outlet" type store nearby sells touch up and regular spray guns for less than 20 bucks--China made,but good enough for a paint job or two...better off for primer coats than finish work though,unless your not too fussy about a smooth finish...they work pretty good for the price...

-I've seen those Wagner "Power Painter" electric "buzz box" sprayers do a decent job on frames and underhood jobs where a showroom finish is not required..they also sell "Pre-Val" sprayers and similar units you can pour the paint in and pressurize it with disposable cartidges-,
    ,or pump up with a compressor...paint in liquid form goes further,lasts longer,and prevents rust longer than spray paint in most cases...much cheaper too!--a quart will probably do ALL the underhood areas for about 6-10 bucks(Rustoleum)--or at least 3-4 cans of spray paint at 3-5 bucks each.. :crazy: .