Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spray paint???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jun 20, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok I once saw this on trade tree mechanic. They said that you can take a paint chip form your car to a paint store or auto body shop and they can mix some paint up for you and then put it in an aerosal can so you can use it as a spray paint. Has anyone ever doen this before if so where did you get it done???

2. JimmyJuneau

anybody???

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My mom went to the auto body supply and got some for her Toyota a few weeks ago. $18 for the can.

4. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

Hey, I'm in Anchorage...I CANNOT find my paint...It seems it's between this and that, please let me know how you get on with the 'chip / sample' idea.......

5. Alex

Alex Registered Member

JimmyJuneau, it is true, you can buy automotive paint and have the store fill their aerosol cans (you have to return the cans). I painted a racing flag on my trailer and it worked great. I do not think I would paint my rig because of the volume and over spray you may experience with a small can. Nonetheless, you are spraying automotive paint instead inexpensive spray paint. I found a local automobile body shop equipment and supplies store that provides this service. Unfortunately, you may be limited in Alaska, depending where you are located. Check your yellow pages. Good luck.
    Alex

6. B75k5

B75k5 Registered Member

Try a NAPA store that has a paint mix department, I'm told they can do this.

7. JimmyJuneau

Hey bking
    Next time your at a napa store check and see if they have a paint center I know the one here doesnt have one.