Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

???-Spraypainting in the House-??? ~Poll~

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 350350, Dec 3, 2003.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif My wife is pissed because she came home to find me spraypainting parts (Hot Wheels Car Bodies no less...) on the kitchen table. With the windows closed. (It's Cold Outside and I want the paint to set right!!! )

She gave me the cold shoulder for a few hours, but now the heat is really on. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif She came in the kitchen to find that I was using her teflon cookie sheets to cure the paint in the kitchen oven. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

So now I have all the windows open, the heater is cranking a zillion killowats of power per second, and the wife is sure I'm giving the kids brain damage. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif *I* spent years painting in enclosed areas without ventilation and *I* turned out OK, didn't I??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif (The fumes and overspray were long gone by the time she got home with the kids... now all that's left is that 'New Car Smell' !!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

So what do you think?

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://coloradok5.com/forums/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1070502848350350">

Spray Painting Without Ventilation
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />I find that having a cigarette helps calm the jitters I get from the paint fumes.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Spray painting Hot Wheels car bodies??? You have way too much spare time!!!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />I'm Naked.
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Ventilation Schmentilation... That's what Lungs and Nose Hairs are for!!!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />You get the best coverage by spraying the paint up in the air and letting it settle like dust!
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="6" />Been doing it for years and I never had... What was I saying? Where am I?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="7" />You are a complete idiot.
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

It could have been worse /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif she could have caught you in her brand new thong /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    : /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif She came in the kitchen to find that I was using her teflon cookie sheets to cure the paint in the kitchen oven. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bawww Hawww Haaaaa Haaaaaa! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Dood, your lucky, that action would have meant instant death to me. 'Specially here at cookie baking season!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I do it in the basement and close the door when I come up stairs. The windows down there are so drafty it keeps air moving, you get a faint odor of paint in the first floor if you are painting alot.

6. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Just think of it this way when shes OVER IT and she gets mad about somthing else atleast you can say... "AT LEAST IM NOT SPRAY PAINTING IN THE HOUSE ANYMORE" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    She came in the kitchen to find that I was using her teflon cookie sheets to cure the paint in the kitchen oven.

[/ QUOTE ]

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably wants my phone number so she can send y'all out to the Hound House in my backyard over that one. I know for some women, especially if it's that time of month, we'd have to send out the dogs to recover all the body parts.

8. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i run into those issues ever time i paint a vehicle here at the house. my house consists of a 3 car garage where the whole upstairs is a 2 bedroom apartment.

even with 2 pretty good window fans/filters going downstairs, that smell permiates the whole house for a day or so. my fiancee refuses to comeover for a day or 2... she gets real annoyed when i spray something particularly stinky like zinc chromate...

tho i will say i never use the oven to cure parts, i have body panel heat lights for that downstairs...

the other one she gets pissed at is when i forget to shut the breaker for my oilless compressor and it kicks on at 3 in the morn right below the bedroom. that things screams like a banshee /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i just did some painting today... basically, I brought the metal parts inside for several hours and set em somewhat near my wood stove, kept the rattle can nice and warm too by keeping it in the same room. Then I set up my painting area in the garage... took the parts in just to spray em then brought em inside the house to dry. presto... parents arent pissed cause Im sprayin in their house, paint sets just fine, and Im not out in the cold garage all day. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

10. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

So far the poll shows that you guys are slightly more Naked than I am an Idiot!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul 'X' /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well I always root for the underdog, and I have clothes on, so you're an idiot. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

I wanted to vote "im naked" and "you're an idiot" but I cnat vote for both so I put the idiot one.

Nick

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well I always root for the underdog, and I have clothes on, so you're an idiot. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude... Have I been breathing too many paint fumes, or is your Avitar a Color-Changing, Chameleon Llama???

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Don't tell anyone, but I AM an Idiot!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Paul 'X' [​IMG]

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    She came in the kitchen to find that I was using her teflon cookie sheets to cure the paint in the kitchen oven

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...It sounds exceptable to me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

some women just don't understand winter projects. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif you can't paint in the cold. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

16. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I love the smell of spray paint in the morning. The smell, you know the spray paint smell. It smells like victory.

17. boggerless

hey, BIGBURBAN350 i had a nut in my neighborhood two summers ago that was arrested for nutting out. i was getting ready for work in the morning and looked out the window for my cuz. there was a cop outside so opened the door to see what he wanted. he told me there was a naked guy in my backyard,i said what are you telling me for go get him(i just let my dogs in,lucky for the naked guy).what happened was the guy was sniffing paint and was so wacked he took his clothes off,hid them in the neighbors garbage can and climed in the sewer cause he thought he saw a pop can. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifhe was hopping through our yards trying to get his clothes on.the cops tackled him and then they were pissed because they had sewer juice on them too. crazy eh. dumb ass people. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

so he was naked and an idiot, is he a member here?

19. boggerless

well i didn't see the built not baught sticker on his bicycle?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    like zinc chromate...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI - It does not take much exposure to any type of Chromate paint to cause harmful effects to include cancer. One of the worst is Strontium Chromate. I realize Zinc Chromate primer is the sshiznit, but it needs to be done in a controlled environmental with the proper personal protective equipment. If you don't look out for your health, who's gonna.