Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring bushing parts numbers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by misterfnygy, Apr 2, 2007.

1. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

ok heres my issue-
    Using rancho lift springs that i gut used, not sure what year they are from. Thinking all the bushing were the same I wnet down to Summit and picked some up. Problem is that the bushings are 1/2" too wide for the springs. So I searched all over and cant find the right part number or application for spring bushings that will work.
    The units I got have a 1/4" "lip", the parts that goes against the outside of the spring. The ones I took out have a 1/2" lip.
    I am looking for the energy suspension part number or spring/year that these bushings were in.
    Anyone know which bushings to get?? Thanks!!

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

3. mo

mo 1/2 ton status

damn, wish i could go down to summit and pick stuff up :)

not that waiting a day really bothers me, but that would be great if my auto parts store choices were Napa, kragen, autozone...Summit :bow:

4. misterfnygy

misterfnygy 1/2 ton status

Thanks

Thanks for the help guys- I picked up the correct ones today.

Yeah, having summit in town can be great for getting your project down. But reelay bad on the checking account.

Best thing about it is the clearance section- where else can you find a 8-71 blower marked down 50% because of a scratch???

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I've got the same problem. I'm not sure of the manufacturer of my front 6" lift springs. The front eye of the front springs takes 1.5" bushings with the 1/4" shoulder, the rear eye of the front springs takes 1.25"( 1 1/4") bushings.:confused:

Kert from DIY is checking into prices for me. I'll post up when I hear from him. If only to share the info with others.

Good Luck with your project.

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

those are standard sizes, the bushings would be the same as i posted above.

superlift is the only one to differ as far as bushing sizes, not sure what the difference is though.