Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring bushing size

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MikeMc, May 21, 2001.

1. MikeMc

MikeMc Newbie

Hi All, I need to order spring bushings for my 89 Silverado. Everyplace I’ve checked on them asks 1 3/8 or 1 1/2" ? I crawled under the truck last night and it could be either one depending where you measure. Do I measure the inside of the spring eye itself or the sleeve inside of it? Any advise on getting the old ones out?
    Thanks
    MikeMc

2. mudpuppy89k5

mudpuppy89k5 Registered Member

You didn't mention whether you were looking at the front or back springs. I haven't done my front ones yet, but I used Energy Suspension 3.2108G for the rear springs on my '89. This set included (8)#2004, 1-1/2" bushings for the spring eyes and (4)#2009, 1-3/8" bushings for the shackle eyes. I have new springs, but as I recall the bushings are the same size as the ones in the springs I removed. The new springs came with rubber bushings installed, but we removed these with a press.

Hope this helps.

John Perry
    http://www.mudpuppy.coloradok5.com/

3. MikeMc

MikeMc Newbie

Hey thanks John, I'll try the energy part number and see what I get. I need to do front and back but I hope to know what I'm doing after one set is in.
    MikeMc