Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring center pin diameter...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by jekbrown, Dec 10, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hey gang, wanna have the tools ready to go before I tackle moving my front axle forward an inch. I've decided to drill my stock spring perch 1" off center. To than end, I need to know the exact diameter of the center pins (specifically, the round/smooth part the goes into the perch) that ORD ships with its zero rates so I make sure I have the right bits before I take everything apart.

can anyone help?

j

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

The actual round smooth part that your talking about is 9/16", so drill it out a size bigger /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I never thought of simply drilling holes in the spring perches... Hmm I don't need to go to Zero Rates up front.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, i have zero rates up front, but if memory serves they are the old style that doesnt have the offset holes... way I figure I'll dull my bits a lot less if I just drill through the thin perch rather than all the way through a 1" zero rate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif spring plates have the offset machined into em so I think Im ready to go... almost posetive I have atleast one 9/16" bit... add some file/dremel work to make it just a BIT larger and Im set. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j