Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring clamps and overloads

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandawgk5, Dec 31, 2005.

1. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I have a set of 56s that already have been thinned down to 5 leaves. Problem is there is no overload or spring clamps. Is this bad? Overloads are easy as I can just find some and bolt them on but the spring clamps I have no way of putting those on as the spring has no hole for them. Can I remove a teflon pad and bolt a clamp on in its place? It will then only capture the 3 top leaves.

Any help or ideas appreciated

Ira

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

u dont have to have the clamps.u will get more droop with out them but u might bend or break the main leaf witch is bad.

3. wildmouse216

wildmouse216 1/2 ton status

My springs were too much lift so I removed the overloads from the spring pack. No problems so far but I don't tow anything or load my truck down with anything more than 500 lbs or so. I don't have clamps on my front springs. The backs only have the top two clamped together.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

does anyone know where to get springs clamps? I mainly want them to keep the leaves from fanning out.

Ira

5. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

not to hijack or anything but i removed my overloads in the back with a echobit flip because i had too much lift. how much weight do you think i could haul back there like parts or w/e? and how much do you think the springs oulw droop? once again sorry to hijack.