Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SPRING CLEANING! Pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Feb 20, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Ok, I've tormented the neighbors enough. It's time to tidy up a bit. Stage 1: The main driveway.

Quick check on my list here... hmmm... all this was supposed to be done before winter... yet not even half is crossed off yet.
    [​IMG]

One of the main things was get the plow truck going. Well, I got step one of that done today, remove bad body off '83 frame. Only 4 months late from when it should have been completed.
    [​IMG]

The rollover K5 is ready to leave. Just need my axles and lift off it and some guy is taking the rest.
    [​IMG]

Got all the stuff laying around the driveway picked up, and half of it loaded up in the back of greenie. Most of it is being traded off or is part of other deals, and my 350 is going in to get rebuilt.
    [​IMG]

All the bags of dirt go into Brutus, and all the scrap metal goes into the '84 K20.
    [​IMG]

Next step is cleaning the breezeway area.
    [​IMG]

Then organize the garage... again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But next... finally clean up, re-gasket the 454 and put an intake and carb on it now that it's open and easy to work on.
    [​IMG]

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Good Lord, I thought my garage was a trainwreck...

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

thanks Allan, now i feel 100% better about the state of organization in my garage now. :D

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

maybe the plow truck will be readly for next year??

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I have the same chore ahead of me...

I spent most of yesterday just walking around my yard and garage,shaking my head,looking at all the stuff I've accumulated in the 25 years I've lived here at my parents house--I dont have a clue how to get rid of most of it--without my crane on the 74 K20,(no reverse!)its going to be very diffucult to lift most of the heavier stuff in my other truck to scrap it--I tried to erect my "swingset" homemade gantry crane,but doing it alone aint happennin--its too heavy to lift alone..
    .I have a complete k-10 chassis,axles,the entire 74 K20 and several other items to get rid of (I counted 8 tranny's,only 2 of them were working when pulled,now have sat for many years!)..but looking at your photo's gives me hope,I dont have half the mess you do to clean up!...Now its snowing again,3-6 inches--another week shot to hell as far as getting anything accomplished..and I need the money pretty badly..I hate winter!!!:angry1:

Makes me think twice before buying any more trucks,parts,or hauling any "treasures" home from the landfill any more--I noticed many of the things I dragged home either never got used(and are truly junk now!) or they were fixed and stored away,now they are all trashed again--snowblowers and mowers with tanks of varnish instead of gas,etc---I'm just going to toss em this time,maybe save the motors,and junk the rest...its amazing how much accumulates without you really paying attention...
    .I'm realizing now at age 46 I wont have time to mess with this stuff much anymore,nor does my body want too---I'm much more into becoming a couch potato than a "monster garage" mechanic anymore....my mom is going to pass away soon,my future here is uncertain,and I'm going to have to go back to a "real" job,and hope I can survive,since I've spent nearly all my life savings to stay home with ill parents the past 10 years...It sucks,but ya gotta do what ya gotta do--:frown1: :frown1: :frown1:

6. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Damn bro its just a messy garage, I got all welled up with that. Allan, Thanks I too feel a little better looking at that and knowing what my "mess" will need....

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The mess is MUCH larger and more extended than that. But I didn't feel like posting another 20 pictures to get everything in. :blush:

8. hawk368

hawk368 Registered Member

:saweet: Looks like you could use help. :whistle:

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Just curious, does anyone here have more "stuff" than Allen does? That's a lot of stuff, good luck!

10. kevcarr59

kevcarr59 Registered Member

Messy, Messy, Messy...

2 quick thoughts....

Don't let your insurance agent see these pics, he'll charge commercial salvage operation rates..lol

Don't let EPA see'm either, you may be headed for the SUPERFUND site list:grin: :grin: