Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring eye bushings

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Leadfoot, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I remember correctly, the spring eyes on aftermarket front springs are larger than they are on stock front springs and require a larger bushing. A.) is my memory correct? B.) Does the same hold true for rear spring eyelets or are aftermarket and stock rear springs the same?

Reason I'm asking is I have a set of stock rear springs with high energy's poly bushings and want to put them into a set of aftermarket lift springs and need to know if they are the same or if I need to order new ones when I order the springs (but I would rather not as the poly bushings I have are brand new). TIA.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Depends upon the brand of the springs. I think the back eye on most front springs is 1-1/8" in order to not bang the frame on full extension, but the front could be either the same size or bigger (1.5" I believe). I have a front spring which is 1.5" on both the front and back eyes.

So I guess the short answer is find out what size eyes you'll be dealing with on the new springs.

John

3. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

Where do I start, I installed energy suspension bushings on my front springs this past summer. I ran into all kinds of problems the bushings at the shackle end(spring and frame) were the same size 1.125" . The front bushing was 1.5". What es sent me, they claim, were bushings for aftermarket springs 1.5" both ends of the spring and 1.125" in the frame. I did install a rugged trail lift on an 85 K5 and those springs had 1.5" bushings at both ends. In short from my experience aftermarket springs are larger at the shackle end. Whew, hope this helps...

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/70gmc>My 70 GMC</a>