Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring help needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by otisringle, Nov 5, 2006.

1. otisringle

otisringle 1/2 ton status

Ive been trying to find UHMWP to line my springs. Ive come up with nothing. E-mailed a few places and they claim they dont have what I'm looking for. If anyone has ordered it for their springs can you please tell me where you got it and the specs you gave them for your order. Ive been putting this off for way to long and need this spring project finished ASAP. Any help will be much appreciated, Thank you

2. otisringle

anyone!!??

3. otisringle

has anyone lined their springs before?..hmmmmmm

4. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

I used one of those flexible cutting boards, cut into strips. $4.99 from Bed, Bath & Beyond. :D

That won't work if you're lining the whole spring, though. Look through the past couple days' threads. There's a guy who just found some.

5. otisringle

that guy might have been me cause I posted a thread on demensions I needed or order the UHMWP, but the company that I was gonna get it from didnt have the specs I gave them.

Now I'm just trying to figure out if anyone has ordered this stuff and from where...

6. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Ah. Could be.

So how long is the longest piece you need?

7. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have 70 feet of .060 black UHMW-PE tape for my springs. I got them from http://www.multicraftplastics.com/ and they work great. I only need 50 feet for the springs and I'm using the other 20 feet for spare.
    hope this helps....

8. otisringle

I wanted to line two 52 inch stocker springs. Not 100% sure on how much I would need but I think 25 feet maybe less. Hows the stuff you have holding up?

9. RockinChevy

It's a bit early to tell.. The springs are still not on the truck yet. :doah: I had the spring packs put together and rubbed the crap out of them by having 3 people standing and bouncing on them. They're pretty smooth and no binding yet.
    I'm going for 52s up front and 56s in rear, but they won't be on the Blazer until I get a D60.... I have 14BFF which needs 5.13s and Detroits. So nothing is going on until I have everything including 8 lug rims and tires.

10. otisringle

do you remeber how much you used just for the two 52" springs

11. RockinChevy

It's been a couple months too long since I looked at them but for 5 leafs, 25 feet is enough... might want to get more just in case. That's why I had the extra length...
    To make it easier on yourself, decide how many leafs you want to have, then measure each leaf, then your total should be what you need. That's how I figured out what I needed.

12. otisringle

I despritly need some help with ordering this product. I cant find it on the Mcmaster.com website . does anyone have an order number from when they sent in their order.

the specs are black UHMW-PE tape thickness 0.060 width 2.5.

is this right or what, cause its not showing up on the website.