Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring Over Axel ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coloradoblazers, Apr 8, 2001.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Spring Over Axel ?\'s

I bought my Blazer with what appears to be a spring over axel configuration. Can anyone tell me about these. Lift, clearence, problems, benifits e.t.c....Also, how much did it cost to do one. I like it alot though, gives a little more clearence and i think a better ride. It's on an '87 K-5.

K-5- because size DOES matter!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: Spring Over Axel ?\'s

All K5's are Spring over axle...

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

3. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

umm there all spring over i think

Bandit
    (Your right i dont understand the jeep thing)

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

It's not a jeep its a CHEVY.... your spring over is stock...

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

5. tRustyK5

At least he finally saw the light and bought a Chevy![​IMG]
    So its all good...[​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

6. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You'll hate the ride stiff has hell. Sell it and by another J**p...Just kidding. You'll get used to it.

[​IMG]

7. Re: Spring Over Axel ?\'s

Stiff,have you ever drove a lifted jeep!LOL

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah congrats on the CHEVY..."a real mans truck"... Now lets get a lift on that that beast with some big rubber and a doubler( for those sticky situations)... oh and a lil flex wont hurt... maybe a winch or two.....and a roll cage... little bit off sawzall action....lots of lights....cant forget the one ton axles.... and lets get rid of those doors their just a nuisance anyways.....a nice BIG bumper so you have somewhere to stand while soop'n up your motor...oops I started dreaming about things I wanne do to my K5.

Hey congrats again on the Blazer. Now you can laugh at all the little jeeps when your pull'n them out of hole.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

9. gokartergo

My father has a 56 willy's. He has a 283 in it with a edelbrock FI system in it. He bought the milatary 13 leaf springs for it. If you drive over RR tracks over 30 MPH you get thrown out of it.. So yes I have driven in a J**p. And I owned a 61 Willy's pickup.............That's wy I own a Blazer now. LOL

[​IMG]

10. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

HAHAAA!!! [​IMG] I was wondering the exact same thing... only the opposite when I installed a lift on my bud's Heep Wrangler. I was like WTF!! the springs are on the wrong side. They could've had about 3 more inches of lift if it was over the axle. Doesn't make sense. Oh and the ride quality after the lift felt like a lowrider car with hydraulics... like no suspension at all. Talk about bouncy.

11. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I wasn't sure if it was stock, because I can see the brackets where it could mount to the frame. I feel dumb asking this, but if these aren't for the axel, what used to be in them? There just a halfcircle bracket abouve the axel and springs. And besides my sister, with her jeep, All the other members in my family have a Blazer or Jimmy. Cant go wrong with the Big Bad Bowties!! Not a hard decion for my first car.

K-5- because size DOES matter!

12. gokartergo

Sorry just giving you a bad time. There is no such thing has a dumb quistion if you don't now.

[​IMG]

13. tRustyK5

The only half circle bracket above the axle and springs I can think of is the bump stop bracket. Attached to these brackets should be a rubber or poly snubber. They are there to prevent your axle from bottoming out on something expensive...

Rene