Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring part numbers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by obijuan, Feb 16, 2007.

1. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

May 18, 2006
    i am going to relift the rear of my 85 k5 and get rid of the 6" block there. would you suggest a 2.5 inch shackle flip in combo with a 4 inch spring
    or a 4 inch shackle flip kit with a 2.5 inch spring? either way i want around 6.5 inches.
    also with these kits i am wondering which spring i should get like part number wise because i have a misc parts guy i want to see if he can order them for me at a little lower price than the lift shop here... outrageous.

i am really only looking for a soft ride so i was thinking tuff country ezride or something, but i have never used any spring manufacturer but the procomps on the front. and well theyre rough. suggestions very welcome. FYI i did search as well and found a billion threads with a billion pages. thanks alot
  2. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Sep 9, 2005
    I went with the DIY flip (4+") 7" cross tied shackle (1.5") and zero rate add-a-leaf (1"). Total lift = 6 1/2" and stock (flexy) springs.