Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mikee, Apr 7, 2001.

1. Mikee

Mikee 1/2 ton status

Running ORD flip in the rear w stock springs, ranchos in the front. Looking for something a little softer, a little mor flex. What do you guys recomend.

"Got stuck once, hung up on top of a Jeep!"

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I've heard BDS are good. Nationals are also very good but spendy...
    Donovan made a custom set using Wagoneer springs, an add-a-leaf and some other leafs, i think it ended up being 7 leafs in the front. It was very flexy (read soft) and he said it worked out to about a 4" lift.
    I have the Rancho's as well, they're pretty stiff. Probably good for a straight axle 5 ton truck though!

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

3. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    I talk to Shawn and he has BDS and likes them. I went with ez-ride in the front from ORD (installed two days ago) added greaseable shackle and spring bushings, a swaybar disconnect and heavy duty shackles. Just finished tonight!
    The biggest thing I think is going to help the ride is the new bushings. My truck rode like a rock! now you can push it up and down by hand. Try jacking the body up and see if your shackles even move. Mine were so tight you could hit them with a sledge hammer on the garage floor and not move them.
    Post again in a couple weeks and I'll let you know how it did at Moab next week...

[​IMG]