Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring question?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by purple76pearl, Jul 6, 2003.

1. purple76pearl

purple76pearl 1/2 ton status

ok a while back, i had a post about a funny poping noise in my front end, everyone said it was my frame cracked, so i took the box off, and looked and looked and found nothing
    well i have tracked it to the actualy spring on drivers side, when i turn the wheel, its poping really bad, like its going to break, they are super lift springs, and are like new, never been off road, does anyone know what would cause this?

2. berg76

berg76 1/2 ton status

Check your steering box. When mine was going bad the actual shaft that the pitman arm connects to would slide out of the unit and then would pop back in as I turned the wheel. Hense the popping sound, very noticable.

berg

3. purple76pearl

well i put a scope on the leaf spring it self, thats whats making all the noise, you can see the spring move, but all the bolts are tight, its kinda got me boggled its poping right behind the front perch about 9 inches where the over load leaf starts

4. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Hey Purple, Not trying to be a Dick... But "Like You're Girlfriend, Think I'll Take her!"..... Maybe, "Like Your Girlfriend, think I'll take her!"

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. purple76pearl

well not being a dick, but you wouldnt understand why its that way, unless you knew my friend that said it to a guy before he took his girl, so thanks but no thanks