Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SummitXMK, Sep 19, 2001.

1. SummitXMK

SummitXMK 1/2 ton status

Alright I have a plan. I have a set of springs from a suburban and my Blazer Springs. What if I take the top 2 springs from my blazer and replace them onto the ones from the suburban to get rid of the rear droop. Does this sound reasonable?

78 K5 Cheyenne 400 th350 203 With lots of miles

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

while this question is being asked...just curious if its normal for the rear to sag a little....I mean 17yrs of that much wieght should make any a$$-end sag right?

1985 GMC C-10 Shortbed
    1984 Chevy K-5 Blazer
    1982 Chevy C-10 Longbed

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I really doubt you will see or feel any difference.

Why not invest in some add-a-leaves instead? They will help firm up the ride and give a small amount of lift. They can cost around $60 average.

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy</a>

4. SummitXMK

SummitXMK 1/2 ton status

This would actually be like add a leafs. The top two have quite a bit of difference in the height. Plus the suburban springs have alot of leafs and the Blazer springs only have half as many leafs. This way I can get rid of the sag and actually gain some support for towing a trailer.

78 K5 Cheyenne 400 th350 203 With lots of miles