Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, Dec 8, 2000.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Ok here goes there I have a few; Do the diesel blazers have a heaver duty spring than the gas due to the deisel weight? Is there a source for OEM 0 lift springs (GM no longer carries them) I have a 84 1500 parts truck that proclaims to have a "HD spring" option. It has the same number of leaves, and look simmilar otherwise, is there a real difference?

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

Lotsa places make springs for them! Usually a truck-repair shop will have them. There is a place in IL that I have used called "Bott's Welding" in Woodstock, IL. Maybe they ship, too?

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

There were 2 versions of front springs. There were some with 2 leaves and some with 3. I'm guessing that the diesels came with 3.

90K5

4. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    I checked with my local spring shop already. They are a really good shop and come highly recommended. They told me they could rearch/rebuild mine (not intrested in that) or build me a new set. He told me that if they build them I would probably loose any ride comfort I had (and that aint much)He really could not explain why he could not get the some ride quality with the load capacity I would like