Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring run return trip

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by BowtieBlazer, Apr 13, 2003.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Hope everyone made it home safe and sound! I had lots of fun, met many enjoyable and cool people, and one who was "Completely nuts", someone else can explain the war crimes on a stock 89 blazer! I'm in the Hot Springs public library right now killing time until tomorrow! I'll post up when I get home. Take care, and thanks again everyone for the hospitality and insight to what rock crawling is all about! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Had a blast, just wish we could have covered more trails.

The 89 had two wasted rockers, a front bumper trashed, dents in both rear quarter panels, a wasted passenger side door, and I think a bent tie rod, all on the last trail. He drove it like he stole it, that's for sure /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Dan could probably give a better description though, he was the only one brave enough to spot that guy /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Maybe someone can post some pics of the body carnage.

BIGJ

3. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Man, I had a great time on Saturday. My thanks go to all who were there, especially Neil and Dan for organizing it, Jeff for being trail leader and everyone for showing up. I really enjoyed getting together with old friends and meeting new ones. Sorry I had to leave so early this morning (4:00 am) , I didnt get to say my good byes. Oh yeah, I would also like to thank all the vendors who donated prizes and gifts for the run, especially West Texas Offroad and 4x4 Iron./forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey All, I had a blast as well. Jeff, thanks for leading the trails. I really enjoy wheeling with you. This time we had more time to chat. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks to all who showed up. We had 9 Vehicles and one Jeep on the trails all day and showed people how Fullsizes can rock!

I learned some things this weekend with the new version of my truck. I love the Auto tranny, Doubler and 1 ton Drivetrain! I hammered it several times on the first trail and never had a single problem. I have a few jacked up rocker panels, but "It's All Good" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I like the group we wheel with. How many people will trust others with their rigs? I saw several change of hands behind the wheel - even on the most difficult terrain. The best scenerio being when Layne let Earl drive his K5! We decided that clip of video should be posted on Missouri Offroad Outfitters' website for a testimonial on their parts! Earl split rocks with the bumpers, rockers and skids! That was nearly completely nuts!

I was happy that we had plenty of prizes for everyone who attended. Dan and I showed how we wanted to operate our future runs, we gave EVERYONE a prize and then some! One K5'er was quoted after receiving several prizes "I can't take this, you guys have been too good to me". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks again everyone who donated prizes - now lets see the pics!!!

Please email any digital photos you may have of this event and I will select some for the writeup. If those who took video could get me a VHS Tape, I will make sure to send out a copy to all who attended.

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

After a GRUELING 14 hour trip home, we made it into Chicago around 11PM last night... Bryan literally dumped all my stuff onto the trailer as I unhooked it, and he promptly SPED OFF without saying good bye. I think he was "eager" to get home to his wife! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I sure know I was eager to see mine! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope everyone had a great time, and THANKS TO THOSE THAT MADE IT TO THIS RUN! I really wish we had a better turn out than we did... 8 out of 20 something trucks that registered is pretty pathetic. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif What happened to all you guys?

-Dan

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Guys, this was more fun than I've had in a LONG time. Even with all the issues working against us, everything was great!!! I had a great time and wanted to extend my gratitude for letting me be part of the Midwest wheelers! Maybe next time I'll have a big pile of my own junk on the trail! Thanks Jeff for letting me drive your rig too! I pussyfooted it a LOT more than Earl. Jeez, that guy is nuts! Everyone, I had a great time and thanks for the trip!

7. Mudzer

So, are we "funner" than the Flatlanders there in Texas?

8. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well i dunno, I never went wheeling with those guys. I imagine it's fun anywhere, but this being my first time on the trail in a year and a half made it pretty damn cool!

9. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I never have a problem letting a "texan" drive my truck, and I would have loved to see Earl drive laynes blazer on the night ride /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

We need to do this again guys. Maybe late next year?

BIGJ

10. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

I'd like to do it again next month. Maybe I can get the Blazer running by then.

11. rocknh2o

rocknh2o Registered Member

Thanks guys. Had a really really gooooood time /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    It was some good wheelin, even for a stocker like me! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. Mudzer

Jeremy showed us all how to drive! I am very impressed with where your rig goes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif It makes me want to re-think my whole project. I mean, I've spent thousands to make my truck easier to drive and there you are going the same places just as easy (well, a dent or two but I got them too /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) - with experience!

13. racercrazy

racercrazy 1/2 ton status

Sorry Krazie,

My rig was no where ready for the trip. I was going to drive it from STL, wheel (hope nothing broke) and drive it back to STL. I was worried about making the trip, not so much the wheeling part. I didn't have time to work out all of the gremlins. I will do my d*mnest to make the next one.

Carl

14. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Home safe and sound, left Hot Springs monday A.M. stopped at a state park I used to frequent last night for memories sake and rolled into town this afternoon.

Again thanks everyone for the enjoyable trip! The prizes were unheard of, I will attempt to e-mail all contributors with a huge thanks! Especially WTO and MOO. The rigs that showed were as impressive as all the past pics I have seen on this site, and the hospitality of the people was great!

Glad I could help with what I could, really glad I didnt wheel the blazer, as I know I would have broken something and noticing on the return trip a new vibration and a blown rear t-case seal, the chain in my 208 is looser than a $2 whore!

Oh yeah, when Mike and I made a run to the junk yard I found a nice donor truck that was on the downlow thats now up for grabs as I couldn't front the money! <font color="red"> 75?crewcab k20 camper special, d44 14ff 454/th400/205? with an immaculant front clip, grille, and bumper, had the usual rust in the door jambs, some cracked paint, stairght body over all in the doors and the rear bed had one good hit in the passenger side rear, no rear bumper, front interior was toast, the rear had a good seat, door panels toast as well </font> I heard it! Its even got the 454 GM Goodrich still visible on the valve covers, I was hoping to bring this baby home but it all fell through....P.M. me for more info and contact info, In a couple days I will post it in the forsale forum

P.S. I jacked the glovebox codes to answer questions, and will mail to future owner