Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cbbr, Mar 5, 2005.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

My '90 3/4 ton Burb is sagging in the rear. I have a 4" ORD shackle flip and zero rates. The stock springs are basically flat. I'm thinking 2-3" lift springs will cure the problem. I will be towing a boat, small camping trailer, etc, so I need to stick withe 3/4 spring rates. (I have read all about towing with a shackle flip, so resist the urge please). Any suggestions or does anyone have anything that they want to donate/sell??

2. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Ok, here's my idea. If you go with lift springs, you're getting lift above stock. If I understood correctly, what you really need is just fresh stock springs. Obviously it's not worth it to buy new stock springs. My advice then is to install a long add a leaf. Make sure to get the long one NOT the short one. An add a leaf is easy to install, much cheaper than a set of springs, and will more than likely make your truck ride better since the rear springs won't be bouncing off the overload springs. A few years ago when I first started building my truck, I ran some Skyjacker add a leaves and they performed suberbely.