Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spring swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by raymos, Aug 17, 2006.

1. raymos

raymos Who?

i read about the front 52" spring swap and i want to put rear springs on the front of my 75. on the write up it said that stock springs would provide about 4" of lift. i already have 6'' so my question is, would 2" rear springs provide the 6" of lift i need in the front?

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Give or take, yeah. It depends on how settled / saggy the springs are, how you do the spring mounts, particularly the forward ones, and the phase of the moon.

Worst case you can stick a set of zero rates on front or back to even it out ... or do as I did, and play with the number of leaves front and rear until it's even. I started out with a four-leaf pack of 52"s in front and one of those monster nine leaf 56"s in the back... think I ended up with five on each end, or maybe four in front and five in back.

I also made custom forward spring mounts rather than shifting the factory ones forward, as they were a little small for my tastes. I think Kert @ DIY4X makes these now (called "B52" maybe?)... mine prolly gave me a bit of lift and might have tweaked my pinion angle back.

-- A

six-leaf-front-springs-at-rest.JPG

front-spring-mount-painted-and-bolted.JPG

front-spring-mounts-painted-1.JPG