Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spring wholesaler

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Oct 19, 2005.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

I've been looking at several different suspension packages for my '73 K5 and it occured to me that the springs used in these kits may all be coming from the same manufacturer(s). Any validity to this idea or are all the different companies (Rancho, Tuff Country, Superlift, etc) actually manufacturing their own springs?

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

they have differant ride qualitys.softer =more money. Of those three i'd get TuffCountry.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

The are three leaf spring makers in Kalifornia alone that I know of. McCoy's, Deaver, & National. In addition Burbank Spring, Long Beach Spring, and Valley Spring may still be in business.
    You can buy a spring in any rate you want, and nearly any leaf count that you want. You may not like the price, but they'll build it for you. I would imagine that at least some of the smaller vendors have others make their springs. Rauncho is part of Tenneco, so like Monroe actually makes their shocks, some other Tenneco Co. could be making their springs.

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have read that many companies such as Rancho and Pro Comp get there springs from the same suppliers in Brazil.