Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Springer" Rear Suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by marv_springer, Aug 3, 2001.

1. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

\"Springer\" Rear Suspension

Contact for "Springer" Rear Suspension

Gents,

First off, I apologize to anyone who has e-mailed my old page (the one with "uswest" in the address) and I have not responded. I don't have access to that account or webpage any longer, and I'm really not sure how to remove it.... It's an ex-wife kind of issue - and I appreciate your understanding.

I just got logged on and I see that there has been some inquiries about my system. So, I wish to provide a contact for anyone who might want more information.

Please send me a note at marv_springer@hotmail.com

I have finally assembled a complete kit that is all "bolt on" except for one "track bar" bracket that needs to be welded on. The kit costs about $530. About 9 trucks in the Az area are running my suspension, and most all of them are used as daily drivers. In every case, these trucks have measured at least 24" of travel at the tire. On the road ride is nice and smooth, but much load carrying capacity is lost - so I never recommend my system for anyone who tows.

One other note: springersuspensions.com is in the works. Not much there now, but I hope this will change soon - and at least my phone numbers are listed.

Marv

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: \"Springer\" Rear Suspension

How exactly is towing capacity compromised? I have been interested in you 'system' since I first saw it about a year ago...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Your set up is way cool.How much lift does it give and what does the kit consist of?

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

I would like to know more about it. This is the first time I have seen it mentioned. I am about to install a 14FF and I have not done anything about the suspension yet so get someting posted. Thanks,

<font color=red> Bill, "Shop Rat" </font color=red>

5. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I use late model F-150 springs - and they do require a few modifications. The finished spring is still much softer than the stock one. The overload is ususally not used, unless I'm shooting for more than the standard 4" lift height - in which case I turn it up side down so as not to limit compression. Anyway, the softer springs will make for a "woogety" time if you tow more than a few thousand pounds. I've towed my 2000lb Jeep to the Sand Dunes on an 1800 lb trailer..... and this is probably the absolute limit of what it can safely do. So, just to be "up-front" about it, I usually just say that if you tow much - this suspension is really not for you.

Marv

6. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

O.K., I'm totaly lost. Please explain. (I undersatnd, if you don't want to give away your trade secrets)

By the way, Cool name!

Twiztid

7. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Re:

Is this the system that utilizes a hinged shackle or mount? I stumbled upon that web site based in AZ a couple of months ago. Very cool.

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Mudstud on 08/03/01 09:23 PM.</FONT></P>

8. ecreipevad

ecreipevad Registered Member

Maybe i just slow. I think I might need you to get out the crayons. Then I'll get it.

Chrome Won't Get You Home!!!!

9. StageZ

StageZ Registered Member

send me some info if you can.... I'm am really interested... StageZ@Yahoo.com

10. FRIZZLEFRY

11. FRIZZLEFRY