Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Springer Shackle Flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Feb 21, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

A while back, I read some info on Springer Shackle Flip for the rear. I have searched the net and found Marvin Springer's website, but I would like to know more information about this setup. Does anyone here know about this setup? I need to know dimensions for the springer and the springs that are needed for this setup. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

E-mail him. He's a nice guy and will e-mail you back. I think he's running the 56 inch rear springs.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

3. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Actually when I talked to him about a year ago, he was running springs off a '88 to '96 thereabouts F150. I bought the springs for use on my truck but never did the flip. Email the guy, he talked to me for a long time, let me call him and all. Nice fellow.

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Laketex,

Did you use those springs, if not do you want to sell them? I am thinking real hard about doing this setup. I think I will tweak it some though and weld a tab to the edge of the springer and have it so I could pin them and keep them from working on highway. My Blazer handles bad enough.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.coloradoK5.com</font color=blue>

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah they're yours for $40, that's what I paid for them. I think it'd be a good setup but I don't have the time to worry about that right now when the truck isn't even running yet. They're laying out in my shed right now. And if you want to figure shipping, I ship from zipcode 75090.
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Yeah they're yours for $40, that's what I paid for them. I think it'd be a good setup but I don't have the time to worry about that right now when the truck isn't even running yet. They're laying out in my shed right now. And if you want to figure shipping, I ship from zipcode 75090.

If you're interested, send me a private message on them, cause I dont log on here much anymore and am likely to miss the post.
    Bryan

[​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    I love my SAWZALL!!!

8. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

Mudzer,

I spoke with this guy on the phone one time and he is actually selling a kit now for that set-up. I don't know where his phone number is though. I looks like it would be pretty easy to build, but it would be alot easier to do the shackle flip with the revolvers. It seemed as if it would drag a little on rocks, that is why I have decided to go with the revolvers.

GOT ROCKS?