Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Springer suspension, 8 inches of lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by four_by_ken, Jul 31, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Is a springer suspension possible with 8 inches of lift? Anyone have first have experience?

Thakns
    Ken H.

2. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Ken,

I don't think any of my setups have been used that high.... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Sorry!

It's pretty easy to set it up for 6" of lift. I had one longbed pickup where we stretched it to ~7" - but he ran around empty, so the same spring setup would prolly be 6" on a Blazer with a top. As you might have already seen, I don't recommend mixing blocks with the F-150 sprngs cuz they're just too soft.

Marv

3. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

I was looking at that set up too but how much lift do those F-150 springs give you all by them selves? Would it just be stock? Any sag b/c of how soft they are?

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Marv I saw a pic on POR that looked like they combined your setup and a ORD shackle flip. Would doing that give him 8"s?

5. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

that would be me---it gave me 6" only because i wanted it that way---marv added a flipped overload spring that gave me 6"---even w/ the ORD if i got the origional "springer setup" it would have given me 4"---i have more pics at the site below.