Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Springplate question.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by marine_enlisted, May 10, 2004.

1. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

I bought a set of D60 springplates from a member here. The passenger side springplate is the correct one part# 370056, however the drivers side I got is part # 379393. It looks exactly like the one on my 10 bolt drivers side. So I asked the member what was up and he said he didn't know and says these are the ones that he pulled from his D60, but is second guessing himself and is digging around trying to find the right one, part # 370055.

I just got my D60 u-bolts today and for the hell of it I tried to see if they would fit into this springplate and they fit just fine.
    *Edit - 1 u-bolt fit just fine- the other 1 had to be squeezed a little to fit in - maybe 3/8" total.*

Will a 10 bolt springplate work on a D60? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

once u put the u-bolts around the axle tube of the 60 u probably will not be able to squeeze the u bolt together enough to get it through the spring plate. if u can it will work.

when i had blocks in the rear i ran 12 bolt spring plates. when i ditch the blocks i could not squeeze the bolts enough to make the 12 bolt plates work

3. marine_enlisted

I went out and test fit it to the axle. I can squeeze them in with one hand pretty easily. I think it might work, but I can see that the actual D60 springplate probably has the holes spaced maybe 1/4" further apart. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. marine_enlisted

I guess no one has ever done this? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif