Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Springs on road off road

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jjlaughner, Nov 3, 2001.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I have a blazer thats my everyday driver (158K+ miles). I use it to drive anywhere from across town and to the next state. I want a good 4" spring for all around use. I have heard the ProComp's are too stiff (as I'm guessing much like my factory springs with 1" helpers). I want it stable enough to pull trailers, but springy enough for basic or small rock climbing (mostly I do some mudding and recovery for friends). Also, Would using the stiff factory rear springs with ORD's shackle flip kit and soft front springs cause problems? Please leave your comments on different springs.

Wasn't Me ~~Blazin~~
    Http://www.jjlaughner.com

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Skyjacker.

Still Poundin' "pavment" after all these years!!! [​IMG]

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Skyjackers are way too stiff. For comfort I would say tuff country. For towing I would say rancho. I have tuff country ez ride on the Jimmy and it rides like a caddy. The burb has ranco front springs and blocks in the rear. I am not a fan of blocks but thats how I bought it. It ride a little but stiffer than stock, but with using the factory springs in the rear I have no probs towing.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have the Rancho 4" soft ride and I swear it's a smoother ride than any other lifted truck I've been in.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I'm using 6" ProComps in the front and you're right they are stiff. I'd go with Tough Country or BDS springs in the front and Shackle Flip in the rear with Rancho 9000's so you can adjust the stiffness. I'm running these shocks and you can really feel the different settings. I'd go with your stock rear springs first just to see if it'll work for your application. Then swap those out later if you need something stiffer.

Rod
    Alameda, CA
    85 K5 6"ProComp 35"Boggers 14Bolt/ Dana44 4.10's
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/K5Jungle</a>