Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Springs????????.........who needs them?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmy4x4, Jan 5, 2004.

1. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Apparently this guy doesnt /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

UHH!! I kinnda think(hope) that truck is JUST for show and parking lots.... solid suspension is SOOOOOOO rough rember the solid suspension go-carts? amagin that but BIG /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

Heck my riding lawn mower rides terrible, cant imagine that thing /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Either he is depending on the tires to act as a suspension(as some go carts and such tractors do) or its just for mocking up stuff, I'm seriouslly hoping the second. I can't locate the front driveshaft either... the more I look the less I think its just for mocking up

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Those tires can provide some cushion. I worked at an elevator this late fall for an employment experience in college. The large terragators that run those tires are Extremly heavy. That truck wouldnt weigh those tires down much if at all. Therefore is gonna bounce like a Biatch if he ever trys to get air. Also Terragators even have spring packs, the rears(where the bulk of the weight is put on) are about 1 foot and 4 or 5 inchs thick, but they do have spring packs.

and the tractors that have solid suspension like that seldom go over 20 MPH and thats only on road surface. When its a real rough ride its usually around 6 mph.

It looks to me thats just a show truck and it probably have the box loaded full of amps and subs.

6. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I do love the sound of the terragators running down the highway. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Change in pitch from the tires compressing. A friend of mine worked at the plant in Jackson, MN for a while. Couldn't talk him into buying me a set of tires. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    and the tractors that have solid suspension like that seldom go over 20 MPH and thats only on road surface. When its a real rough ride its usually around 6 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Most of our big tractors run at about 3 to 4mph in the field when discing, chizzling and down to even 1 to 2 mph when ripping. Still at those speeds it is still offley rough when the ground has been torn up with an agressive implement.

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Unless I'm missing something, Uh

Where's the steering?

Or is full hydro behind the axle and those are the lines hanging!

Fun show truck but I'd be scared to use it for anything else. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Full hydro, I sent the pictures along to the scary steering site and they are now topping the page /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif, he noted the steerings not scary but the suspension alone warrants it.

http://128.83.80.200/taco/scarysteering6.html