Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

springs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fright89, Jan 24, 2002.

1. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

I did ask this question a while back but did not get any response. My blazer is not a rockcrawler and I will not be flipping the shackles, most of my driving is mud sand and snow. not to much flexing .You would probably consider me a pavement pounder.. I am not shure what kind of lift is in the truck now some front springs that do not sag and blocks in the back which i want to remove. The problem is the setup now is way to bouncy. Most of my weekday driving is on the highway. But I do go wheeling most every weekend. The lift law in my state is 2 inches up or down. I think I could get away with a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift but I gutta get rid of that bounce, it can get out of control on the highway at high speeds. So maybe this is dumb question. should I be looking for some type of soft ride or something stiffer to get the good street and highway ride. Still gutta hit the power lines on the weekends. Any advice for an eastcoast mostly pavement pounder.

you can check out picks of the blazer linked on the profile page thats mostly where i go wheeling these days. Currently thinking about paragon adventures

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Stiff springs are going to ride better (IMO) on the street. Yes, the ride will be stiffer, and you will feel the bumps more, but you will have less body roll, and less problems with axle wrap.

Shocks are really what the problem is when the ride is "bouncy"....thats exactly what shocks are meant to absorb, and dampen. Try investing in new, quality shocks. Bilsteins are considered by many I know to be the ultimate for cars, but no idea if they make truck applications as well.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?

3. fright89

fright89 1/2 ton status

got new rs9000s all around set on 4. i think whatever spring kit the kid before me put on is just shot or somthing. i know its a truck but i think i can get a better ride out of it .took the quads off the front too.

thanks

4. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

ive never riden in a blazer that does have a bouncy or pitchy ride. its the nature of the short wheelbase. why do you think cadillacs are so long?