Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sprint celluar phone *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4x4k20, Feb 16, 2002.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by 4x4k20

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Re: sprint celluar phone

That sounds odd to me although companies sneak all kinds of things into those contracts. You may have luck getting a more favorable resolution if you speak with someone at Sprint's corporate headquarters. If that fails, filing complaints with your state attorney general's office and the better business bureau may get results.
    Good luck,
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com
    Speed limits? <a target="_blank" href=http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html>http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html</a>

3. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Sprint sucks. I have had one for over a year now and I hate it. You can barely carry on a 5 minute conversation without it breaking up or disconnecting. Im sure if their phone service sucks this bad, their customer service must be just as bad.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</a>

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

AT&amp;T sucks too.... that's what I have and my phone is junk and my calls are near impossible to hear. I think most people with cell phones would be better off with long string and some tin cans... [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had a cell phone for a couple of months, but I made sure I didn't commit to any long term plan. After 4 months of frustration with the phone and the service I ran the phone over with my truck...on purpose![​IMG]

Damn that felt good!

Rene...cell phone hater!

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hahahah Ohhh Yeahhh hahahaha Ohhh that's a good one hahahaha. Did they at least kill the line?
    Let me see if I can put this to you in a way you can relate here. Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Well I can't relate it to anything.
    Ok here is the deal. What did you pay for the phone? I am betting probably $20-50 by the time it was all done. Understand these phones are not glorified Walkie talkies. These things pack some serious technology. Well Sprint payed a different price I can asure you and it was much more than they sold you the phone for. The CHEAP phone still cost the carrier over $100 a peice. SO they make you sign an agreement to stay with them so that if your a low airtime user they will know you will be with them long enough to cover the cost of equipment and make a few bucks on you. Another misconception is once it's built it's free....Nope...first off a tower cost Millons. About half of the cost is legal fees to pay lawyers to deal wit your local governement to put the damn thing up. On average it takes about a year of planning an zoning fights to get the the stage that they can actually start building. Then a few months of building then they get to fight with the FCC to get it legal to use the damn thing. So about 2 years and $2mil before it goes on line. Then they are going to pay MAJOR Taxes on the land if they even own it. If they don't own the land then they are going to pay some serious coin to lease it. Then there is FCC charges, Band width licenses, Dealing with getting it from the tower to the Switch (place where the phone number is housed and the calls are processed. These usualy cost about 5 mill for a small one not counting the FCC, Zoning and other BS that goes along with it.
    Here is a Term for you. "Cost of aqusistion" Here is what this little term means. It's the total cost it takes to get a customer on line. It includes such things as cost of the unit that they sell to you cheaper than they got it. Advertising. System set up, legal fee's, FCC sercharges. 911 acess fee's, and good old FCC fee's. I'm sure there are a few I left out. The Average the Carrier I work for (#2 in US will be #1 in a year or so as soon as we eat AT&amp;T) COA is about $325 bucks before you place your first phone call. Of all the millions of customers my company has only 10% are profitable in the first 12 months.
    So you still think they should do something about you having a phone stolen? I mean seriously...was it their fault? It cost them $150 for the phone you had in your possestion that was stolen. Why should they do anything about it? 90% chance your not going to be profitable to them for another 6 months. If they give you another phone it's going to be another year before they make a dime on you if your the typical customer. Is it really their problem ?
    Buy another one or pay the contract fee's and go with another carrier. It wasn't their fault.
    For the record......SPRINT STINKS! They are a new comer. Lesson here is this. Because of our tax laws they can operate at a loss for a couple of years. Durring this time as a new company they need to aquire customers quick. You like their catchy disinformation advertisiment saying they are not Cellular (they are, the term Cellulare is a system design and their system design is no different than the rest) and they way the slam other companies trying to attreact customers. Gee how great are they now that your their customer. How's that awsome coverage they made you think they had? Now that they got you they write off the COA costs and build system. THey are running in big negatives right now. You as a customer have learned a lesson with crappy coverage. DO NOT GO WITH THE NEW GUY! It takes time to build system. Were talking many years. Go with the older company if you want coverage. Now when say older company there has been many mergers in the last couple years. So figure out what company is in control of the older systems. In most markets Virstoned or Cingular is the one to go with for the best coverage. Viristoners sucks btw [​IMG] Can you figure out who I work for?
    This industry has made it's own worst enemy's. When they started selling phones cheaper than they are buying them for they got themselves into trouble on a few fronts. First off the customers now expect to buy phones for $25. Second the customer has no real value in the phone. If you knew up front that Nokia was a $150 product I can garantee you would treat it a hell of a lot better than you do when the carrier lets you have it for $25.
    So let me guess what happend. Kid left the phone sitting on the table and when he remember where it was he went back and it was gone. Or was it the I left it in the consol of the car one? Ahhh regardless. If you left a $150 cash laying around where it can be seen and you expect it to be there? See it's that lack of value in the product I was talking about because we sold it so cheap so laying it around is no big deal. Bet this has changed that hasn't it.
    Sorry for the rant....nothing personal towards you....I just happen to do this for a living and have to hear the same thing EVERY day. I have some customer get in my face and tell me what I have to do for them because their the best customer you have and I'll take my 3 $29.99 lines and go to Sprint.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

7. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

wow.
    i'll be sure and ask for you when i have phone troubles.
    not! [​IMG]

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

8. Grim-Reaper

Nope at work all you will get from me is a nice big smile. Then when you ask me fore things I can't do I'll introduce you to my boss. Then I cuss you under my breath like a good little slave to the system that I am. Here your not my customer and I'm going to tell it like it is.
    Ohhhh yeahhh...Clark Howard is a peice of work. He ran these companyies like he said you should expect they would be bankrupt in a year. Don't take advice from a travel agent. Especialy a travel agent with a pre pay cell phone and used clothes.

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

9. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

So, while waiting to get a hair cut last Sat. I walked over to a phone place and the guy tried hard to sell me an audiovox (I think that was what it is called) with bells and whistles ability to check e-mail, etc and an almost all of USA long distance coverage, can call from anywhere in the dark red area same as a call from home, 300/3000 min. airtime on Verizon service. Phone was 80 bux and service is $35, plus any extras, a two year contract...what do ya think Grim? I'm paying 20 now for a phone that wont stay charged and can only call local w/o long distance charges.

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?
    I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and
    some of the roads weren't paved.

10. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

Just wondering..did y'all call the phone number and see if someone answers? They may be holding it for you, have heard of this happening here before. [​IMG]

83K5 Silverado
    What was that bump?
    I want people to know why I look this way.
    I've traveled a long way and
    some of the roads weren't paved.

11. Grim-Reaper

Sounds reasonable. Sometimes they have a great product. Just haven't seen them for a while. They are very small in the phone buisness. The Wireless phone Division is based in NY state. Can't remember the town starts with a H...Halipague or something. In my market they are gone. Last product we carried that was manufactured by them was over 4 years ago. They only make CDMA product from what I understand. Their managment tried to follow Motorola when Motorola pulled one of their famous "we will decide how the US market will be and we have decided it will be CDMA" well Audivox mistaken thought The market listend to Motorola and followed in their foot steps. My Company got tired of Motorola BS. AT&amp;T and Cingular (over 50% of the market) went TDMA. Motorola has tanked the last couple of years laying off thousands.
    Nokia in the mean time designed VERY user friendly phones that every other company is trying to copy the ease of use.

World Wide Nokia is #1 Something like 40% of the market. on their own. Think about that...40% of the phones sold world wide is Nokia. Pretty darn impressive.
    #2 is Ericsson. Their phone devision was sold to Sony last year and new products under the Sony Ericcson name are now comming out. I think they are like 30% now.
    #3 is motorola. Motorola is 20%
    All the rest make fill in from there for the last 10%. Were talking Audiovox, Pannasonic, Qualicomm, Sanyo, a few Japanese manufactures that I can't pronounce their names little lone spell them and Mitsubishi.
    The rest of the world mostly uses GSM bassed equipment. Really it is the best stuff out there. Talking T1 data speeds. Our FCC is the reason we have what we have. They have made the US the Retards in wireless.

75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Just wondering..did y'all call the phone number and see if someone answers?

<hr></blockquote>

Anybody remember that Seinfeld episode? The guy stole Jerry's car and he remembered there was a phone in it, so he called it... Asking for stuff back out of the glovebox and stuff... [​IMG]

Tim