Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sprint PCS + Nextel = ....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Seventy4Blazer, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Check your Fukn bill....

there should be a law about merges. i should get a notice asking if i would like to accept the new terms. now im going to go down there, put two size 13.5wides into someones chocolate starfish ad get them to drop my contract as they have voided it.

i missed a few calls due to the service being changed over and it told people my cell was disconnected for a few hours.... my bill is all messed up and i cant get ahold of a person on the phone.. so now i have to waste my fuel to go down there....

nextel is a better service but doesnt work on camp pendleton....

now they both suck

Grant

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I haven't received a bill since the merger yet... I have my bill due this month, but it still has the old logo and nothing's different... I assume my next bill will reflect the merger... Hopefully not in price, it took a lot of work and haggling to get my monthly bill under $60 (by $3) since they want to add all this new stuff and what not... I can't believe I got a cell phone in the first place... Now I'm stuck, because when I got one, my parents decided to get them, and then they decided to disconnect the regular phone... :doah:

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Oh, yeah... I haven't seen any benefits of this merger yet... I still don't get service half the time at work, I'm still roaming in my friend's house (which is in town), I'm still roaming at my HOUSE sometimes, and I still don't get ANY service outside the great city of Cheyenne, unless I'm going to Colorado... My phone still decides not to ring about 50% of the time, leaving me to find out someone tried to call when I get the voicemail an hour later...

4. Seventy4Blazer

yeah, i agree... its odd aint it? i SHOULD have service in a couple of little areas i didnt before any my walkie talky feature should actualy work now... right?
    grant

5. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i dont know why Sprint does all those commercials about awesome quality.
    Sprint was always one of the worst for disconnects and missed calls.

now that they merged...
    try to direct connect and it doesnt go thru.
    try to call and 1 time it says the nextel client your trying to reach.... and then the next time it says the sprint client your trying to reach..

and i love the disconnects or getting every 3rd word.

6. Seventy4Blazer

i have a few cut out problems in my barracks room and area. on base service is sketchy, but PCS is better than the rest. im going to look into switching over to t-mobile though. i want a nice text phone.

i send about 300 text messages a month.... :doah:
    grant

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I have the Sprint nationwide plan w/ free raoming. In Colorado, their service is really quite good. At least I think so. Even took the phone driving to Tucson, AZ and got service most of the time druing the trip and no problems in town.

My last bill said nothing about the merger. Guess I need to check into that.

8. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Sprint was ok as long as you stay in a major city or on the interstate. I never understood the point of Nextels walkie talkie crap. How hard is it to take 3 extra seconds to dial a number?

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am mostly on the interstate, so Sprint works well. I haven't seen my new bill yet, but I will check for any differences. They should not be able to jack up the price just because they merged. You still have a contract.

10. Seventy4Blazer

well... i got the details of the merger....

its a money thing....

nextel will not be able to use sprint towers and vica versa...

yeah... thanks for NOTHING
    Grant

11. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well, I will continue to complain then... I tried to call someone (yes, while driving), and discovered I was roaming... IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BUSIEST STREET IN WYOMING, less than a mile from the Sprint store... :doah: :mad: :rolleyes:

12. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

nextel doesnt really put up towers. they attach their antennas to buildings and other carriers towers. they put up antenna shelters, or condos as they were calling them for a while.

the survey company i work for, one of our bread and butter is doing surveys for cell sites.