Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SPUTTER...COUGH...DIE.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TONYP, Aug 10, 2003.

1. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

The best remedy for this is electronic fuel injection, and guess what the UPS guy dropped off at my house Friday...a box with a manifold, ecm, throttle body and who knows how many feet of wires, a lot of wires...need to check on aftermarket harnesses as the bundle I'm looking at seems to have no end... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't get conned by the "fewer wires is better" camp.

Wiring manual for the setup you have, and it'll all make sense in no time.

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I guess I should get reading up on this...but I know I'll need some answers as I go along.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

There are a couple of good swappers guides out there, but the wiring manual and factory service manual for whatever year you are going to deal with, is going to be your absolute best bet.

Things changed over the years (and depending on application) so unless you find something now, it would be kind of pointless to buy service manuals/wiring diagrams right now.

I've got an '88 Camaro set, if you can get them cheap, maybe buy them, and use that to get a "feel" for the system. It really is easiest at first though, to have the wiring in hand, along with the book. Eventually you can use the book without looking at the wiring, (to see where everything is, what color wires, etc) but in my case, it took some time.