Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sputtering at low rpm's?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by OneInTheSun, Jul 15, 2000.

1. OneInTheSun

OneInTheSun 1/2 ton status

Sputtering at low rpm\'s?

After my 85 k5 (305) sat for a couple of months in the garage to get patched up (I'll post pics soon), I took it straight to the Bloomsburg 4 Wheel Jambo (4 hours away) - it drove up, around and back just fine. The night I got home, I let it sit for an hour and when I fired it up again, that's when the problem started. It idles OK and is alright at higher rpm's, but when I feather the gas it sputters (does it in park, neutral and in gear). After sitting overnight, it's OK for about a minute in the morning, but as soon as the temp gauge gets a little over 100, it acts up. I just changed the plugs and fuel filter, and I'll probably do the cap, rotor and wires. Any ideas?

<font color=blue>Rob
    85 K5</font color=blue>
    [​IMG] 24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day - Coincidence?

2. Glenn

Glenn Registered Member

Re: Sputtering at low rpm\'s?

Try unpluging the hose on the egr valve and then see if it still does it. If it stops then its time for a new one. It happend to me too and thats what it was.