Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spy photo - 14 bolt front axle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Jun 28, 2003.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

First the 12 bolt front axle (heheh) now the elusive 14 bolt front axle.. hmmmmm

[​IMG]

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wise-ass! You just threw a 14 bolt cover over that 10/44! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Who me??? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. thatK30guy

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

that is one sexy looking K5!! It looks just like mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Wes, it took alot more effort than just throwing a cover on there, you are looking at years of research and development and countless hours of machining and fabrication /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. thatK30guy

[ QUOTE ]
    that is one sexy looking K5!! It looks just like mine /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif... Wes, it took alot more effort than just throwing a cover on there, you are looking at years of research and development and countless hours of machining and fabrication /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, my bad, forgot about that. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm building that same one right now... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    did you get the "14Bolt Front FF" kit from Pep-Boys too...funny how they make you buy the rim chrome covers with it also /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Its the weld on retainer that takes the most time. Here you can see the progress of the install just before we added the included nylon bolts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif . Its a good thing we already had a 12 bolt front end or this could have been messy!

[​IMG]

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the new Dodge 2500s come with a 14 bolt front axle... its not the same as our famed 14 bolt but it is a 14 bolt. The guys at CFS were acting like it was godly just cause its a 14 bolt, thats like saying a Dana 60 sucks cause its a 10 bolt.

11. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I paid the $28.37 extra and PepBoys did the install... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    still don't know about only the front tires having chrome covers on them /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, sucks that they don't give you all four covers... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    guess it's there way of getting you for more money /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

John Sumner at WMS has a 14 Bolt frontend. Pretty slick. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[​IMG]

13. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I've seen pics of it. I think they did it just to do it. the cost for one was outragous. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

14. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

There is a blue cherokee in the KC4WDA club that has one from WMS too.

15. I think they are prolly like the DANA 80 front end I saw at last years Jamboree. The guy said it cost too damn much and it will never oil or wear right so nothing but short trips and whos knows how long the R&P will last not meshing right.