Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spy Photos of the new TrXus STS

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I received the new 38" TrXus STS tires today. They are 15.5" wide for 15" rim. They seem as heavy as my Boggers. The are the radial tires which are currently not on the market. I am testing these tires at Disney.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/32981822vCcEVP>Spy Photos</a>

Give me your feedback.

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

I thought You were getting the 39's?

They dont look too bad. Mud might give them a problem, but id bet they'd do alright just about anywhere else, esp. sand snow and slickrock. Cant wait to hear how they do.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Look like good SAND tires...............hmm, interesting.

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Gotta have some....! They are radials you say?

I was thinking that they looked like good "sand tires" too!

Marv

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

What's the Ply rating on them? Don't know if I like the tread design, seems a little tight for a "mud style" tire. Guess I'll see em first hand in a couple of weeks. BTW, what are you gonna do with the boggers?

6. Mudzer

These tires are an All Terrain type which are intended for Sand, Snow and Highway. They are not classified as a mud tire, so thats why I'm keeping the boggers mounted up for that type terrain. When I talked to Interco, one of the main things they said was the larger tires are intended for the Snowy climates where they outfit a Toyota Land Cruiser with major fender cutouts and stuff 44" tires on there. Typically these rigs are equipped with the Fun Country tires, until now!

The tires are radials. 38" is the largest radial they will be making. Check their site for future sizes coming soon.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.intercotire.com>www.intercotire.com</a>

7. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Gotcha. Sounds like a good deal. I'll hit you up on how there doing at Disney. Since you got an inside line, tell em to make me a set of 38.5x14.5x16 SX's now /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

8. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

so they are built for the arctic trucks and those type vehicles?

man i have 39 boggers for mud and general sticky stuff...but my boggers leave a little to be desired in the sand...and i dont even want to talk about snow and ice...these would be a good investment as a secondary tire...

Later

9. Mudzer

Exactly! They are designed for sand and snowy conditions hence the All Terrain type tread. I think they will be a much better tire than BFG All Terrains. They have the Three Stage Lug as always, and have much thicker sidewalls. The tread design will clean mud better, even though they are not really meant for mud. But, by design I think they will be excellent in slickrock. So, people in Arizona, Utah and Nevada should gobble these up! They have all the terrain required of these tires.