Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SPY PICS: soft doors...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTPockets, Aug 4, 2002.

1. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

i actually started this project in december last year...got the frames made anyway. i had been waiting for the covers to be sewn up...thanks mom...and then i had to go to orlando for the summer. so i got back friday and finished them up this weekend! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif just in time too...rainy summer days in florida.

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Looks good !!! I'am kinda working on the same thing but I want to keep the solid half doors and attach the soft door to it. I guess I will get started back on it after Blazer Bash. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

Those doors are sweet. Thats exactly what I want to do to my truck.

4. 19Jimmy87

19Jimmy87 Registered Member

Those doors are great. When will you be mass producing them?

5. I have been thinking about something in a soft door. Great job man. I think I will make a light weight tube frame and just snap on the window up top and a canvas bottom !!!!

6. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

That looks Awesome. Well Done!![​IMG]

7. ratpack7

ratpack7 Guest

Those ar sweet!!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

very nice.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

mass producing...hahaha...if only i could make a living fabbing up cool stuff for the k5. mine is just a hobby, for now...the relentless pursuit for the unique.

thanks for the kudos fellas. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

10. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I wonder if there is enough market for STC to make these?

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Dude, you're right on target too. It loses its fun once you start to mass produce.

12. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    mass producing...hahaha...if only i could make a living fabbing up cool stuff for the k5. mine is just a hobby, for now...the relentless pursuit for the unique.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Well, if they cost you let's say 25.00 per door, I think you should sell them for no more then 5.00 per door, that way you would loose 20.00 per door, I think that would be fair don't you? After all this is America, if you start a business you should not be allowed to profit at all especialy if you were to start making more money than me, I might start to feel like less of a man and that's just not fair darn it. Also before I consider buying could you post a copy of your W2 form I need to know how much money your family makes, this is very important in my decision. Also my Aunt Sally just got laid off last month so you would need to send her a set for free of course.

/forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Oops, Sorry, I thought I was replying to that greedy bastard that runs this site. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

13. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

yeh steve...run this site? when would you find the time between sittting at home on your leather lazy-boy sipping espresso while the poor immigrant farm workers clean you k5...its not like you have a job or a family or anything better to do, right? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

so, when do you want to place your order?

14. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Sorry but I cannot buy a set from you, you would just take my 10.00 and take your 12 kids to Paris for a vaction and live high on the hog on my hard earned money, Damn you, I say Damn you.

15. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Sorry but I cannot buy a set from you, you would just take my 10.00 and take your 12 kids to Paris for a vaction and live high on the hog on my hard earned money, Damn you, I say Damn you.

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif ROTFLMGDFAO!!!!!!!!!!!! YER KILLIN ME HERE STEVE /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

16. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

ummm........ okay....???

17. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Capman, you've posted "um...okay" in the last 2 posts that i've read. QUIT POST WHORING. lmao. J/K! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Those doors are KICK ASS. If you ever decide to sell a set, put me down first in line for a set. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

18. It is that personal touch that everyones' rig has !! I'm gonna fab my own one of these days !!

19. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Steve

Easy boy, easy, yer gonna hurt sumbodys widdle feewing!

Damn, if my cheap ass can finnaly fork over 25 bucks for a membership, I would give 20 for dem dare doors.

Soft doors look good dude. I have a variation of that in mind for mine after the one ton swap and larger tires.

Depdog

20. 74k5inVA

74k5inVA 1/2 ton status

ROTFLMAO /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Ouch, my head, i think i burst a vessel a was laughing so hard. hahaha, I just posted about this in another post. ouch my head, must stop laughing! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Do you think I can go to Paris too! I have ten dollars, well not today because I had to give it to greedy landlord. hahaha /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

sorry for not mentioning the doors early, they are awesome!